Sunday, March 7, 2010

Interview: Taylor James

Photobucket
Name: Taylor James
Age: 22

Where are you from?: From Vancouver, but now living in Toronto.

Tools of the trade: I shoot 35mm with a vintage Minolta camera.

Artisitic influences: I think my biggest influence is fashion and the girls (and boys) I shoot.

Why do you like photography/art?: Im obsessed with beautiful things and making beautiful things.

Where do you see yourself in the future?: Ideally I want to be shooting for major fashion magazines and campaigns. I really enjoy the whole world of fashion and photography, so I want to go as far as I can with it. In the near-future I would like to be assisting an established photographer who I admire to learn from.

Where did you learn how to edit and do you have any tips?: I taught myself by trial and error... I dont really make a lot of major edits because Im not really a pro with PS.
Who/what/where are important parts of your photographic process?: Im a really intuitive photographer, and often will walk around, scout locations, and create the story while Im with my team and model, and its really important that the people I work with are comfortable with that!

Film or digital?: Film

Links: http://taylorjamesphoto.com, http://taylorjamesphoto.blogspot.com

Photos:
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin